Saturday, March 28, 2009

pet peeves

So I have to confess to all of you about my recent addiction...facebook. At first, I hated it. I joined because everyone joined. Then I neglected it, only coming on to confirm friends. Now I check my facebook multiple times a day - on my phone, when I get home, when I wake up. I think it's because they recently announced my 10 year high school reunion and now I've discovered a million old high school friends on facebook. And of course it is weird to see them all grown up and married with kids.

Which brings me to my biggest pet peeves....people who list in their interest section their husband, their kids, or spending time with their husband and kids. Some people list it in multiple ways and use exclamation points, which is even more annoying to me. I'm sorry, but that is not an interest. Okay I'm not trying to be a hater, but an interest is like running or reading or cooking. If you're married I would hope you like to spend time with your husband. That's why you married him. If you have kids, you probably wouldn't be a good mom if you didn't enjoy being with them either. But if that is your top number one interests to which you put exclamation points...I'm sorry but things rarely deserve an exclamation point. (pet peeve #2 - overuse of exclamation points)

I guess this all began one day when I was stressed at work, came home, confirmed some friends, all to find that they were all moms or newlyweds with interests which all included their husbands and kids and every entry was about how they were baking cupcakes with their "wonderful" husband or they were taking the "love of their life" (baby) to the zoo (at like 2 o'clock in the afternoon?!). Come on! Who uses adjectives like that? Maybe I need to be more enthused about Michael and pebbles.

Nope can't do it. :-)

No comments: