Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Mr. and Ms. Asian OU Pageant 2009





Michael and I hosted the pageant last night and it was a blast. Michael is a former Mr. Asian OU 2001-2002 and we were both officers of AASA, the organization that orchestrates the whole event, back in college. Peter is their freshman rep and my cousin Mimi is the VP this year. It was a 4 hour affair complete with opening number, traditional wear, talent competition, impromptu questions, raffle giveaways, intermission entertainment, and free food for all at Wong Key. And amazingly we were funny. We planned out little comedy routines, based entirely on our relationship, and we received so many compliments afterward. I still can't get over the fact that people were laughing. We had a pre-recorded audio segment for our opening when we were announced that was cute. I had costume changes. Michael had makeup touch ups. I even got to smack him on the head. It was a lot of fun. Plus it gave me an excuse to wear one of my favorite dresses. And we got a fun gift basket filled with goodies. I have to say though, the rehearsals were a pain to go through, but the whole experience was worth it. Plus I got to see my lovely Phi Dee sisters perform. And one of my lovely sisters, Lydia Le, won the People's Choice Award for Ms. Asian OU. Sadly she didn't win - she was robbed. :-)

No comments: